Thursday, May 6, 2010

Goodbye.

I leave in a matter of hours. All my bags are packed, my leftover food redistributed amongst the scavengers more commonly known as starving college students, and my belly full from my last pub meal at the Dickens Tavern.

The end is bittersweet. I love this city and all that it has gracefully shared with me. But, then how can one start a new adventure if I never draw the exclamation point at the end of this one? I am ready for a new adventure. But I sure have loved this one.

My last night in London I went to the HardRock Cafe with a big group of the friends I've made here. That was the first time it truly hit me that I would be leaving.

After dinner I went to see Lion King with my flatmate Jasmine. It was the perfect way to end my time here. I saved the best musical for last. I was sobbing within the first 5 minutes as the elephants and giraffes walked down through the aisles, embracing me with the Circle of Life.

Today I walked through the park and saw my last London dog party. I just stood there for a few moments, at the edge of the path, gazing out onto the open field, realizing that soon I would not belong here anymore, that this scene of canine bliss would continue on without me. But I smiled with joy as I gazed at the trees hiding the cityscape, listened to the birds sing their song of spring, smelled the fresh green smell of new flora, and felt London penetrating my being.

Writing this is bringing me to tears. I am so happy. Thank you for going on this journey with me. Be blessed and now go out and have your own adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment