Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bever in da House!

Well folks, I have my first visitor! That's right... the infamous dorky cousin.... aka Andrew Bever.

Tuesday unfolded as an ordinary day full of sunshine and class, and yesterday was much the same. Something worth writing about yesterday's class however, is that we went to the Tate Modern for Art class. The Tate is the most visited modern art museum in the world. It opened in 2000, making it super young. It is in an old powerhouse, so the atmosphere is really cool. The biggest exhibit is one by a Polish Artist called "How It Is" and it is just this big giant steel box that is ominous from the door, but stunning from the back wall as you look through meters of darkness out into the light and people of the main atrium in the museum.

When Andrew arrived last night Kathryn, Linda, Brooke and I took him to Cafe Rouge, a little French chain restaurant that I had received a 50% off coupon for! SCORE..... cause the bill would have been through the roof for college kids like us. It was a lot of fun, and I think Andrew and I both realized how alike we act at times. The friends definitely noticed.

Played a few games of spoons in their apartment before crashing for the night.

Got up early to go to class... can you guess where it was today? You're right! The Tate Modern! Did I mention it is the most visited.... Just kidding I won't finish the schpeel. Today we went for the Beatles class though, so we learned different things about some of the same paintings.

I got home from my voice lesson around 8 and made Andrew and I some dinner. It reminded me so much of backpacking after my Freshman year and how I would prepare us some meager dinner while Andrew read or showered or emailed. Dinner usually consisted of steamed vegetables and if we were really feeling flashy some CHEESE. Tonight was probably still meager by carnivorous Andrew's standards, but it brought back good memories. Grocery shopping for our lunches for the weekend in Liverpool also seemed like old hat for us. Oh family. Gotta love them.

So, we leave early in the morning and will ride the coach 4 hours to Liverpool and jump immediately into walking tours. Hooray! I'll be a'bloggin on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment