Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Choir Boys

A little off topic... BUT, My childhood collie named Hugo (after the cute boy in Bye Bye Birdie... yes Marie and I were obsessed) was nicknamed "Choir Boy" because whenever he went to obedience class he would whine and howl the whole time. He wasn't unhappy or anything, he just liked to do it. He wasn't the brightest crayon, but he was a GREAT dog.

Yesterday I had class and studied for a midterm I had today in Art History/appreciation. Art sure requires a lot of brain cramming. But the test went well I think. Afterward Linda and I celebrated by picnicing in the park where my gym is located. She loved the dog parties, too.

I skyped with Jesse which was sad because we'll be out of touch for almost two full weeks due to spring break.

Linda, Kathryn and I went to an Evensong service at St. Paul's Cathedral then this evening. They had a boys choir, which was SO good and of course adorable. The discipline it takes for those tots. Some of them looked like they were 5 and 6 years old! I woulda thrown tantrums sitting still for so long at that age. The service was cool for St. Patrick's Day today though. They had a special sermon on him and lots of beautiful singing that echoed all around us, taking me back in time hundreds of years to when the songs were written.

Now that it has gotten warmer, I've taken to walking at night.... tonight was my third in a row. It is really nice to go for a walk after dinner. I love walking along the canal and looking at the lights reflecting on the still water and enjoying the peace of a city in the evening that is so chaotic during the day.

So I leave tomorrow for Ireland, and I'll be staying with a friend of my dad's named Noel. Friday I have on my own, and then Lisa, my best mate from school, arrives Saturday morning, and then my friend Michael arrives Monday! I am going to have to put this blog on hold most likely until the end of the month. Look forward to lots of pictures and stories! 'Gbye Loefs! (Loves in Irish)

No comments:

Post a Comment