Monday, March 1, 2010

Why Does God Allow so Much Suffering?

What do you think? That was the theme in church yesterday. Church was cool because they mapped the service out as if it were a tube map and each stop on the tube was a different way of exploring the topic. The service was so thought provoking and emotional, I was crying sporadically throughout.

At the gym yesterday I met a woman named Adella who is a working actor in London! Originally from Portugal, she moved to London to get her drama degree, finished, went back to Portugal to train (for a marathon I think) and got injured, and so she came back her to get more in touch with her body and get her personal training certificate. She took her final exam for it on Saturday and is now at a crossroads, not knowing if she wants to pursue London theatre, go back to Portugal and act, or move to California. She was really sweet and told me she wanted to get my email before she left. That is something that I really love about my gym. The people that work at the gym are so friendly, warm and helpful that it makes you just want to hang around there.

Today was the most magnificent day. I woke up really early on my own accord (7:45!) and went on a walk to the gym, enjoying the fact that I did not have to hide under my hood from the wind, or my umbrella from the rain. The birds were pretty excited about this too, for when I got to the park there was a jolly morning chorus happening and it put a spring in my step as I listened to their song, and watched the dancing of the dogs as they chased after their masters. Music is surely in everything.

I came back to do homework, but I simply could not stay inside! So, instead I walked down to the market and went to my favorite fruit stand man who remarked upon my arrival “Where have you been? I haven’t seen you in awhile.” I love how the people here know you. I wish we would bring back the local businesses and the neighborliness to the United States. Depression would surely diminish.

When I got back Linda and I decided to go to Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens (the two parks are side by side, one flowing into the other) and walk around. We walked for almost 3 full hours! We stopped for pictures at Peter Pan’s statue, and Princess Diana’s Memorial Fountain, and we just enjoyed the beauty of the day. Happy dogs everywhere, old people feeding the birds out of their wise and wrinkled hands, children singing Mandy Moore while racing on scooters, young couples jogging together with the baby in a stroller, and us, walking along, grateful for life and for such wonderful experiences.





God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment