Friday, April 30, 2010

A Good Old Fashioned Sleepover

I'm 13 again.

I keep looking at my watch. What time is it 12:30. Ok, focus. 2 more assignments to finish.

What time is it? 3. One more assignment.

What time is it NOW? 6. Homework's done and it is Friday night! I rush up to my room, pack up my backpack with my toothbrush and overnight clothes, and head down to the kitchen to pull out my last batch of homebaked m & m cookies and carry them piping hot up to the flat above me for a night of girl filled fun.

Instead of playing truth or dare however, we played "lets bake as many delicious goodies as we can".
The games we girls play have changed in 8 years, but the effect is still the same. The giddy, happy feeling of a sleepover never grows old with age.

So many goodies including lemon squares, brownies and cookies made their way into the pit of my stomach tonight, causing it to light up in flame and angrily yell at me in the way that stomachs do. Tummmmmmy ache! But, Ginny (who is a master chef and crazy ninja) set me up with some ginger tea and my tummy went soundly back o sleep.

Sitting here listening to the rain outside my window, and enjoying the warm feeling of a Friday night with no responsibility makes me appreciate my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment