Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Vicious Ugly Mean Volcano-Thurs., April 15, 2010

Ah! I'm so behind....

This is going to be short, but do look out for full updates to come.

On Thursday I woke up bright eyed and chipper in anticipation of my family arriving.... My how the day changed.

In class my friend Taylor was talking about how a volcano had erupted and made people nervous about flying, but that she didn't think it would affect us in London at all, and she was planning on traveling to Italy. Dismissing the thought from there, I called my parents after class and heard an edge under their excitement because...

Heathrow Airport had closed, blocking Marie and Calvin, and cousin Sally from making it in to England. That was alright though, we would just improvise... readjust our plans until they arrived.

Well, it is now MONDAY and UK airports MIGHT open back up tomorrow. But then again they might NOT.

So needless to say, Marie and Cal and Sally did not make it in, and the trip changed from being a blissful family reunion, to being the first trip EVER where it was just me, mom and dad.

After spending basically the full day on Thursday trying to rearrange flights and hotels, etc, we gave up with trying to find a plan b and c and d and left the rest up to mother nature. We headed out to grab dinner, and ended up at an Indian restaraunt in Paddington. It was soooo good! MMMMMMM I love Indian food.

Alright, that is all for now, but Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday were packed full of entertainment, so look out for some guest entries!

Peace, Love, and Molten Lava.

No comments:

Post a Comment