Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Em the Explorer

I woke up every hour until 8 o'clock this morning when I finally bit the bullet and crawled out of my warm cozy bed and went for a run through the drizzle. I felt like such a city girl running in my underarmour along the sidwalks. It was nice getting to know my neighborhood a bit. It is quite a happening place with so many other cultures. It's funny but I'd say on the sidewalk you hear other languages as often as you hear English. I like it.

I got back with only enough time to grab an apple and hit the road to school! In the cupboard under the stairs (where we hide Harry Potter so no one else can steal him from us) I found an old Oyster Card from students passed (bless them) and took it to the subway with me on my first journey. Lucky me, it had almost 5 pounds on it from the last user and so it took me all the way to school and back! The neighborhood that our class building is in is a university area, about a 2 minute walk from the British Museum. I liked it a lot. My roomies and I ate at a little fish and chips joint around the corner.

As a group we went on a London walking tour, which I cut out of a little early to come pick up the madre at the aeroporto. (don't think that is Spanish, but oh well!) The tour was interesting, of course I loved going through West End.... I will be back many a time.

Got to the airport about an hour before momma got in... she was running a little late. It was so sweet to see her power walking along with her little trolley and short cropped hair (mine looks too much like hers now, eek! I'm becoming my mother!)

We picked up some sandwiches from Mark's and Spencer (my first time there this trip I was so excited!) and then took the tube to her hotel, where we have now been chit chatting for the past 3 hours.

Oh where does the time go....
Another day, another past, another story....

No comments:

Post a Comment